Madness can be defined in many ways. Anger. Ecstacy. Evil. Genius. Rage. Relative to you or me, it can go any which way you please.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Depression Hits

It's Monday, June 13, a holiday. The sky is dark gray, the smell of wet grass fills the air, and yet not a single drop of rain has fallen. It seems that today my physical and metaphysical planes have intersected, giving me an unbelievable case of depression hits. I'm a bit hungover from an all-nighter just a while ago...had less than 3 hours of sleep, waking up to watch Detroit lose Game 2. No one was around the house earlier, my only company was Spitter, my faithful dog. It was about 10:30am already, and it was getting quite hot outside. I was already sweating profusely while watching the tele, but just felt too weak to take grab a glass of agua, much more take a bath. Well, I was tired as hell, lacking sleep, and a bit naseous.

Try as i might, i could not shake off the truth that i have work tomorrow. Damn, i'm beginning to hate work. Well not specifically my work, but just working in general. It's like I hit a motivational snag. My officemate put it best when he said that we might be suffering a quarter life crisis. My friend Chum said the same thing last night. Hey, maybe i really am having a quarter life crisis? My ex and i broke up about 2 months ago. That may be an underlying factor in all this. Generally though, my enthusiasm level has been on very very low batt since mid summer. People who know me would probably not believe that since i project an image of spontaneity. But I honestly feel chaffed and raw at the moment. Maybe the grind of life has been catching up with me. In Takeshi's Castle, sooner or later, someone's gonna get trampled by the large rolling styroballs of death. Maybe that's me, this time..

I need a vacation. I need some inspiration. I need some kind of motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home