Madness can be defined in many ways. Anger. Ecstacy. Evil. Genius. Rage. Relative to you or me, it can go any which way you please.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ho Hum Days

The days continue to pass just like the whiz of trees on a trip to baguio. I seem to skip entire days, even weeks, when i give conscious thought on how i spent my time. It's Father's Day today, but i haven't greeted my dad yet. I just don't feel like it. *sigh* I think the crux of the matter is that my actions have lost any true value for me. Everything is routinary. I live in a drone-like stasis of working, watching tv and sleeping. Although I make it a point to get a few laughs with my officemates, sometimes, i feel like i'm just kidding myself. It's just a good thing i don't let my personal life get in the way of work.

Speaking of my personal life, i think my break up with Ria has affected me more than i thought. Deconstructed, break-ups are hard because you feel a sense of loss against a feeling of security. Security that someone would be with you to watch movies, have dinner, text you when your bored, and bring you medicine when your sick, etc. Putting all these things together creates an even bigger sense of loss; and in this case, the sum is greater than its parts. The resulting snowball effect brings you down with increasing momentum. The question is, when will it stop? I believe no one can truly put a timetable on the recovery from such an episode, but all pundits would agree that time heals all wounds. I guess the only thing i could do is be patient.

For the past weekend, I have been busy downloading songs through Limewire. It's only now that i began to appreciate DSL. You see, my brother had DSL connected to his own computer so that he could play Ragnarok and other online games all day everyday. I think he's so addicted to it, he's starting to think that online gaming is reality, whereas real life is just a necessary advertisement for his next new adventure. Anyway, my dad upgraded the common computer, and we bought a wifi kit so that would tap in into my bro's DSL connection and enable the other comp to be online at DSL speed as well. But unfortunately, this happened as I was moving out of my house. Since i had no real plans this weekend, i have been stuck on the computer pirating songs and exploring Stalkster...er, Friendster. Downloading songs with DSL is as quick as you could say, "Pirate!' Oh, and i've been writing testimonials all weekend to people that i forgot to write to. Wow, what a great way to spend my weekend.

Ho Hum...

1 Comments:

Blogger pAo said...

yo, i agree/can relate with the whole security thing ur tokn abt, but dont u think dat for now, ur friends can fill in dat gap? thus, itl all be worth it? in the end wala nang sense of loss? =P

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home